Training programs to help you achieve your race goals.
Whether you are a novice athlete who wants to compete in a first race, or someone who wants to ramp up to be more competitive, race faster, race longer distances, or achieve a podium finish, I can give you the tools to succeed and meet your athletic goals.
If your sport is running, cycling, swimming, triathlons, or any other sport where strength and endurance are key factors to success, I can help you.
I am a College Certified Fitness Specialist and I have been involved in competitive sports and fitness for virtually my entire life I have been a runner since high school, and a competitive triathlete since 1985. I have raced all distances including five Ironman finishes, two of which were at the World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. I have raced multiple marathons, including the Kona Marathon where I was age group champion. I’ve been there. I know what you need to do – physically, mentally, and nutritionally – to race competitively, and I want to share me knowledge and experience to help you achieve your athletic goals.
I offer two coaching options:
Complete Progressive Training Program:
I’ll work with you as a personal coach throughout the training and racing season. In addition to providing you with personalized workout plans, I am available to answer your questions, modify your program on an on-going basis, and keep you motivated and on track up to and including race day. Included are:
- Training Cycles personalized and tailored to your fitness level and racing goals. These training cycles describe in detail, your daily workout drills for each sport. They are progressive throughout the season. As your fitness level and competitive level improve, the volume and intensity of the training cycles are modified accordingly, usually every 5 to 6 weeks.
- Strength Training (both core and full body weight workouts), Stretching, Nutrition for training, and Fuel Plans for racing and recovery.
- Mental & Physical Race Preparation, including race-specific taper programs.
- Ongoing consultations to answer questions, to modify programs based upon your progress, and to prepare for the next progressive training cycle.
- One-on-one workout sessions as appropriate
- No annual contract required.
- Package discounts are available.
“Coach In A Binder”:
If you are you a self-driven athlete who prefers to train at your own pace, or someone who needs coaching to prepare for that next big race, but you can’t afford a personal coach, “Coach In A Binder” may be the coaching tool you need. It will tell you virtually everything you need to know … and do … to prepare for a race. And the cost is much more manageable for your pocketbook.
“Coach In A Binder” is the next best thing to a personal coach. It provides, in easy-to-follow book binder format, a daily training plan for every week leading up to race day. It tells you what to do and how much to do, and it describes in clear detail how to do each workout. “Coach In A Binder” incorporates periodization so that your body and mind get a chance to recover and build progressively. It includes a pre-race taper plan so that you peak on race day; as well as a training nutrition plan, and a fuel plan for race day. All of this and more will help ensure that you have a successful, rewarding and safe race experience. All that’s missing is the personalization and motivational “nudging” that a coach can give you.
Our phone number is 908-595-9300, or email us via the contact page.